ARLEN™ Modified Polyamide 6T Processing Methods
Mitsui Chemicals recommends the following to mold this sophisticated engineering plastic for any application part:
- The injection molding of this modified polyamide requires a molding machine having wear resistance (corrosion resistance for the flame-retardant grade).
- A small molding machine should be selected so that the volume of one shot will be not less than 10% of the maximum injection capacity.
- A standard nozzle should be used.
- A steel material having wear resistance (corrosion resistance for the flame-retardant grade) is required for the construction material of a mold for ARLEN.
- An approximately 10-µ m vent is required.
- Any ARLEN resin that absorbs moisture after the bag is opened needs to be dried again.
- Dehumidifying dryer: 110°C x 2 to 6 hr.
Electronic and Electric Standard Molding Conditions
Mechanical and Structural Standard Molding Conditions